UFC 146 Predictions
Written by Donny Oliveira
On Saturday May 26, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, the UFC returns with a stellar card featuring for the first time all heavyweight action on the main card. The Champion Junior dos Santos will attempt his first defense of the title against 2 time former HW champ Frank Mir. The landscape of this division can change drastically after this card and it should be action packed with plenty of excitement to go around.
Main card (PPV)
- Heavyweight Championship bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Frank Mir. I don’t see this going the distance unless Mir can survive the initial onslaught of dos Santos’ striking and apply the pressure on the ground. With the best boxing in the game and a very descent ground game, I see dos Santos controlling the fight until he TKO’s Mir in the 3rd round.
- Heavyweight bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva, Velasquez will continue his climb back to the top with a TKO victory in the 2nd round.
- Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Dave Herman, Nelson by Decision
- Heavyweight bout: Shane del Rosario vs. Stipe Miočić, del Rosario by Decision.
- Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Lavar Johnson, Johnson by KO in 2nd round.
Preliminary card (FX)
- Featherweight bout: Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins, Brandao by TKO in 2nd round.
- Lightweight bout: Edson Barboza vs. Jamie Varner, Varner by Decision
- Middleweight bout: Jason Miller vs. C.B. Dollaway, Miller by Submission in 3rd round.
- Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Duane Ludwig, Ludwig by Decision.
Preliminary card (Facebook)
- Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs. Paul Sass, Volkmann by Submission in 2nd round.
- Light Heavyweight bout: Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira, Kingsbury by Decision.
- Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Daniel Pineda, Brown by KO in 2nd round